Cinnamon is derived from a tropical, evergreen tree that grows up to 45 feet high and has highly fragrant bark, leaves, and flowers. Extracted from bark, Cinnamon oil Cinnamon oil supports healthy metabolic function and helps maintain a healthy immune system when needed most. Due to its high content of cinnamaldehyde, Cinnamon should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin and only one to two drops are needed for internal benefits. Cinnamon supports healthy metabolic function and helps maintain a healthy immune system, especially when seasonal threats are high. Cinnamon is frequently used in mouth rinses and gums. Cinnamon has a long history of culinary uses, adding spice to desserts, entrees, and hot drinks.
Cinnamon Bark, Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Put 2 drops in an empty veggie capsule to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Place 1 drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drink slowly to soothe your irritated throat.
- Put 2–3 drops in a spray bottle for a quick and effective cleaning spray.
- During your nightly routine, add one drop to two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and create a warming massage for cold, achy joints during winter time.